How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Long Weekend & New Swimsuits

Today is my last day of work before the long holiday weekend! Our office is closed on Monday and I'm taking vacation days on Friday and Tuesday, so I will have 5 days of no-work bliss :)

On Monday we are having our annual family Memorial Day party. We've been doing this since we moved into our house in 2003. Everyone seems to have a great time, and its super fun to swim and chat and laugh and eat with the whole family.

So, in preparation for the party I pulled out my swimsuit from last year and tried it on. It is a size 16. I bought it brand new last summer before our Memorial Day party. I was thrilled that I was able to get a 16 because my previous suits had been 22 or 24. I thought it might be a little big, but maybe still usable. Yeah, no. The top was so big that in order to get it to stay up (It has a halter tie at the neck) I had to pull the straps so tight that the back just gapes open! The bottoms didn't fall off or anything but they were definitely too big.

I went on landsend.com, my favorite place to get swimsuits! They have pretty classic styles and they are made REALLY well. They last forever - as long as you don't need to keep getting new sizes ;). But the best part is that they have some suits available in D-DD-DDD bra cup sizes. That is so hard to find! I checked their size chart for swimsuits and based on my measurements, it suggested I get a size 12. Yes, that is a twelve. Yikes! I placed my order on Tuesday, and I have to tell you that I'm a little scared for when it gets here. What if it is too small?? I'm trying to remain calm and trust the numbers but for some reason I'm terrified it won't fit.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me, I really want to swim with everyone on Monday!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh - the yearly swimsuit debacle...it happens every year and it never gets easier does it? LOL. Soon I'll have to drag mine out too...dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey look! I'm catching up!!

    Glad I already know that you rocked the hell out of that size 12. You=awesome!

    ReplyDelete