How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Too long between posts

I have been slacking on the posting lately, I'm so sorry! I don't have any excuses or reasons. Other than I guess I don't feel like I have a lot to say right now. I'm sure that will ebb and flow with time.

Last week was long and difficult. My stress meter was overflowing and I was about to have a breakdown. Just one little thing after another, never stopping, not having a chance to breathe and relax. Wednesday night I hit my limit. I had to go to the store to get some cat food after work. And some dumb lady in the parking lot cut me off when I was heading home. I started yelling at her and I could feel my blood pressure rising. By the time I got home I was shaking with anger. Normally, I would just blow that kind of thing off after about 5 seconds. But when my stress level is too high, it just takes over. I told my husband that I was going to take a "mental health day" on Thursday and so I did. It was perfect. He went to work so I was home alone in my house with nothing but peace and quiet, able to do what I wanted to do without anyone questioning my decisions. Since Thursday, I have been feeling much better and am back to my usual self. Yahoo!

In my last post I talked about ordering a new bathroom scale. It arrived on Friday and I tested it out on Saturday for the first time. I was worried that it would show me up from my older scale, but on the contrary .. it shows me weighing less! So, you can't beat that, right?! :) This morning I was back down to 179 and I couldn't be happier.

Saturday I participated in my neighborhood's garage sale. They do the advertising and put up the signs and we just have to put our stuff out in front of our houses and get to selling. I usually don't like participating in garage sales because of all the work that goes in to them, but this time I just winged it and it turned out great. I didn't put any prices on anything, I just made something up when someone asked how much something cost. It worked out great! My main goal was to get rid of everything. I wasn't looking to make lots of money. When it was all said and done, we got rid of every single item and made $100 to boot! Here is the secret: At the end of the sale (i.e. when I was tired and wanted to go inside) I put everything I had left into a big box. The next person that stopped by, I told them that I had a great deal for them. I was closing up and that I had a few things left. They could take the lot of it for a mere $5, but they had to take it all. No picking and choosing. They went for it and I helped load it into their truck. It was genius! I got rid of everything and they got a lot of stuff - some good, some crap - for five bucks. Win Win!

Tonight is my monthly support group meeting and I am super excited to go! Can't wait to see my buddies and hear the topic for this evening. Get some encouragement and give some too. Plus this week at work should be fairly quiet, so I'm hoping for a nice and easy time of it.

Hang in there everybody, we are doing this!


1 comment:

  1. I see that 179, babycakes, and it is awesome! See you tonight!