But enough of that!
How is everyone?! Other than my weight (which isn't horrible), I'm doing really well right now! Life is good, work is good, hubby is good, kitties are good, family is family (ha!) and for once I'm not stressing about the holidays. I usually don't enjoy this time of year because of the stress of gifts and food and parties and commitments, etc. But I'm not letting it bother me this year.
So, what's been going on with me ... hmm, how about some bullet points? In no particular order :)
- I told y'all I got a new car, and I love her. She is so much fun and I am super happy with my decision!
- My BFF and I went to San Antonio for the weekend a little bit back. We took the Amtrak train from Fort Worth to San Antonio. It was a lot of fun! It takes 8 hours to get from FW to SA, but on the way down we had a 2 hour delay outside of Austin. It was alright, and no delays on the way home. However, after we got off the train in FW, the train goes over to Dallas before it heads on towards Chicago and there was a shooting on the train! 1 person killed (the bad guy) and 2 injured (1 undercover cop and an innocent bystander). It had to do with drugs. It was a little weird to think that it happened on the very train that we had been on all day. The 2 injured will be alright, they were fairly minor injuries. While we were in SA we had a great time. We walked up and down the riverwalk a bunch of times and shopped up a storm in the market. We had a lot of great Mexican food and laughed up a storm. It was cold and rainy but that did not dampen our spirits. On the train ride there and back, we worked on knitting some flip top mittens. I got one mitten a little more than 1/2 way done, Just need to do the thumb and the flip top part. I'll get some pics up when I'm finished.
- Surprisingly (to me anyway), work is going pretty smooth right now. It is surprising because it is nearing Christmas and I work in retail. I've been lucky that people have been actually finishing their work on time (or beforehand) so that I haven't had to rush. Plus I've been able to have my friend Kathy come in and help me out with some work a couple of times. It has been rather nice actually.
- I've seen the Twilight: Breaking Dawn pt. 1 movie 5 times in the theater so far. Yes, I realize I am a 40 year old woman. I love the story and am a smidge obsessed with Robert Pattinson :) Go ahead, mock and judge. I don't care!
- James and I are both taking off the week between Christmas and New Year's from work. I'm pretty excited about it. I have no idea what we are going to do yet. I do know that I want to go see the Sherlock Holmes movie and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo movie. We will probably catch up on some other Netflix movies and play computer games, etc. I expect it to be a relaxing and fun time.
- Tonight is my support group and I get to see my BBF Beth Ann! Yay!!! I'm excited :)
- I got my Christmas present early ... a Kindle Fire! I got it yesterday and am in love with it already. I am new to the Android OS so I've got some things to learn and figure out but so far it is amazing.