How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Monday, February 20, 2012

This one is for you Dawnya ;)

I'm here! <insert whatever excuse you think is appropriate for me being gone for the past few months, and then get on with life />

I have been thinking for the past couple of weeks what to say when I made my triumphant (hah!) return to blogging and honestly I got nothin'. I am not a wordsmith. I mostly babble about whatever comes to mind at the time, but when I go to blog my mind goes blank more often than not.

Recently, I looked back at my weight chart and I noticed that right around Thanksgiving I just gave up. I shot up 10+ pounds in a couple of weeks. And since then apparently I just stopped trying. Until a few days ago. Call it what you will, Holiday Blues or Winter Slump, it really doesn't matter. I was just worn out on trying so hard. I don't have this new found blast of energy or anything, but when my size 14's started getting too tight for my liking, I realized that I had to do something.

Story of everyone's life, right?

I got myself a Fitbit, how awesome are those things?! (BTW, I need some friends on there so if you have one please add me - debi@scriggle.com) and I think that has contributed to my new attitude. It is way cooler than the BodyBugg, wireless updating and much smaller and easier to conceal. I am logging my food and trying to hit my goals every day. I've started walking the stairs at work for exercise and sometimes walking the parking garage in the afternoons with a friend.

I know most everyone here will be able to relate to this feeling, how things go so much slower the closer you get to goal. And how incredibly frustrating that is to deal with every day. How exciting it can be to lose 2.8 pounds in 2 weeks. And how hard it is to fight every single day to make the right choices (band or no band) and keep reminding yourself that it is worth it and you won't die without that cookie and that everything will be alright. As you all can tell, clearly I have been struggling lately. :)

So, lets move on to happier topics! I've been watching a lot of TV lately ... here are some things I've seen:

  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Revenge
  • Downton Abbey
  • Arrested Development
  • Luther
  • Supernatural

Up next I have in my queue:

  • Once Upon a Time
  • Grimm
  • Happy Town
  • Southland
  • Prison Break
  • Terra Nova
  • Justified
That is all I can think of to babble on about at the moment! Have a great day :)

6 comments:

  1. I love you!!! That's about all I got. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dawnya. I love you. That is all. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the whole Prison Break series on DVD. One of my favs!!!! Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad I didn't get to see you on Saturday! :(

    So glad we're gonna be roooomies!

    ReplyDelete