How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Difficult day

Yesterday started out alright. Nothing special. I was on track with my eating, my last day of mushies after my fill. I planned my meals and everything was going according to plan.

Well, we all know how plans go, right?

It's too ridiculous to try and explain and it wouldn't be interesting in any case. But basically some people at work didn't do their jobs on this certain task which is then causing the task to be late coming to me and it was implied that any extra time built into the time line needed to be absorbed by me so that the project still goes live on schedule. I pretty much told them to take a flying leap and that I shouldn't always be the one who has to scramble and rush at the end of the project because people at the beginning can't seem to keep their ducks in a row. And so now I have the project tasks handed off to me and I have found the usual amount of forgotten pieces of the puzzle, etc. etc. etc. I'm sure many of you have been in this exact same position once or twice in your lives.

So because of my stress level during the last 1-2 hours of work yesterday, my dinner plan of 450-500 calories went out the window and jumped to around 900. Thankfully that just means that I almost broke even yesterday with my numbers:

Burned: 1954
Consumed: 1961
Overage: 7

Today I am a little better, but I am still irked about this project situation and so my morale is not at its highest. I am trying to keep my head down, do my work and listen to my book. Only a couple of more hours to go before I can head home. :) The plan for tomorrow is to go to the zoo! We love the zoo here in town and usually go a couple of times a year. It is especially fun to take pictures of the animals.

I promise to be more cheerful next time I post ... thanks for listening to my grump fest.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are on your way home!! :) Post some pics of the cute animals... And have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete