How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Friday, September 9, 2011

I thought Friday's were supposed to be good?

Mine started off yesterday actually.

A little back story: My middle kitty Nova was sick about 6 months ago but after some medication he got better ... until a few weeks ago. He stopped eating and lost weight and then yesterday he started back with the drooling. I called our "regular" vet only to find out that the doctor we saw last time is no longer with that animal hospital - which seems to happen every time we need to take one of the kitties in. I had just had enough and decided to find somewhere else to go. I found a family owned vet office about a mile or so from my house and called to make an appointment.

This morning as soon as we got out the crate we use to take them to the vet, Nova started drooling. He ran off and tried to hide. We got everything ready, and off I went to the vet with him. James couldn't go because he had to work at 8am and that was the time of the appointment. I'm driving down the road in morning school zone traffic looking for a new vet office I've never been to while trying to assure my drooling, whining, crying kitty that everything is going to be ok. I passed the place and had to turn around and go back. We finally got there and went in. I asked if they would go ahead and put us in an exam room while I filled out the paperwork because he was just miserable and had pooped in the crate (as he usually does) out of nervousness. Fortunately they were able to do that and I got him cleaned up before the doctor came in.

There was some good news here ... this new vet is awesome! He really took the time to talk to me and check Nova out and get a full idea as to what was going on. Based on previous tests from the other vet and the symptoms I was describing, he concluded that Nova has Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Great. Who knew cats could get that?! He gave Nova a shot of steroid cortisol to help with the inflammation and said the first thing we need to do is figure out if he is having a reaction to a particular food item (i.e. Chicken, Tuna, etc.) and the only way to do that is by trial and error. Yea! More good news. Sigh. Who knows how long that will take, but if it makes him feel better then it will be worth it. Just stressful.

THEN ... :) After I got him home and settled - thankfully James is working from home today - I finished getting ready and headed for work. I realized half way there that I forgot to take my crazy pills this morning. I was hoping that one day wouldn't make a big difference and that I could just take them when I got home. But as the day has progressed, I've noticed my nerves getting more and more frazzled. I've had a really hard time concentrating all day, and I have quite a short fuse when it comes to sounds. For lunch, a guy who sits opposite me had a huge drink and spent the next few hours chewing every single piece of ice from his cup. Then a lady a few offices down has been on the phone most of the afternoon - strictly using the speaker phone. Really? Is that necessary? Pick up the handset! Gah. Plus another guy in an office right next to me had a couple of loud and rowdy meetings. And other people interrupting my work asking over and over when this one particular thing will be finished - even though I've told them as many times that I'm waiting for more information from an outside source before I can finish anything. Why don't people listen?! I don't get it.

But now, the day is nearing the end and right after work I am going to get a pedicure and that makes me super happy. I will get some much needed solitude and pampering. Then tomorrow I am going to get my eyebrows done so I look presentable when I see you all in Chicago! Which I am so happy is getting closer, yahoo!!!!!!

Anyhoo, thanks for letting me rant for a few. I feel better now. Have a great weekend friends!


  1. You poor girl! I hope tomorrow is better for you!

  2. Nova = super cute name for a fur-child. Hope that Nova gets back to 100% normal soon.

  3. Sorry you had such a tough day...but, I must admit that I got a chuckle from the term "crazy pill" since that is what I call mine, too.

  4. Aww, hope your baby gets to feeling better. And sorry your work mates are so annoying. I'm super sensitive to annoying noises myself. Ugh. :(