How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Back from Vacation!

I am back completely refreshed and relaxed. We shall see how long that lasts :)

I had a wonderful Birthday week off and even managed to lose 1 pound during the celebrating! Here are my final totals from the week:

Calories Burned Calories Consumed Calorie Balance
14,258 10,143 4,115

Not too shabby I think, I'm counting it in the win column.

I watched several movies over the week. Some on DVD, some in the theater. I saw Push, The Island, The King's Speech and Sucker Punch. Push reminded me of that movie Jumper. It was alright, the guy was cute in it. The Island was interesting. I don't remember hearing a lot about it when it was in theaters. I don't even really remember putting it on my Netflix list, but there it was and it has Scarlett Johansson in it and I freely admit to having a bit of a girl crush on her so there you have it.

On Thursday, I went with my Mom to see The King's Speech and it was fantastic. I studied Speech Pathology in college (not what I do for a living now though) so the whole thing was utterly fascinating to me. It also reminded me that I made the right decision to not do that as my life's work. I just don't have that kind of patience!  Colin Firth was phenomenal and it was fun to see some Harry Potter alum's in the movie (Dumbledore was King George the V and Wormtail was Winston Churchill).

Then there was Sucker Punch. I am not sorry I saw it. It was truly a beautiful movie. The costumes, the makeup, the colors, the sets. All simply gorgeous. But the story was nothing special. It was sort of like if a comic book and a manga had a baby and it was turned into a movie. Plus we saw it at a movie tavern so that is always nice!

I also went on a couple of bike rides, did some walking, caught up on all my TV (I love Being Human! the British one more so than the American one), saw Duran Duran in concert (AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING as usual!), went out to eat a few times, got my hair done, a pedicure, a facial, started reading a new book (Water for Elephants), and had a bowling birthday party on Friday night. All in all, a fantastically wonderful week off!

And so far ... 40 feels great!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back! I would say I missed you, but I'm pretty sure I talked to you every day. HA! Glad birthday week was great!!

    ReplyDelete