How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

A quick HI! to anyone who has landed here on my weird planet from Beth's blog. Thanks for checking me out :)

Yesterday was another really good food day for me and this morning the scale was kind to me. Monday I was 188 and this morning I was 186.5. I'm also doing good today so far. I reallllllllllly want to reach my current goal of 175 in April.

Lately I've been listening to a series of audiobooks on my phone while at work and also in the car when I drive places. There are 7 books (currently) in the series and I just finished book 4. I usually download books from iTunes or Audible.com but the unabridged version of book 5 of this series is only available on CD right now. So my friend, who is also listening to these books, borrowed it from the library and now I have to undertake the crazy job of ripping the discs to my computer so I can put them on my phone and listen. All of this to say that I am currently without an audiobook so I had to resort to listening to music this morning in the car. G.A.S.P. I know. Crazy, right? I still refuse to listen to the radio because of all the talk and commercials, but my trusty iPod was there to fill the gap. This morning I was listening to Maroon 5 and I had forgotten how much I love them! It put me in the best mood to sing along on my way to work. I had a huge smile on my face the whole drive. I love rediscovering awesome things I'd forgotten about.

On a separate note .. today I am wearing some of my hand knit socks! My friend Jenn gave me this yarn for my birthday a couple of years ago. It is hand dyed yarn from a lady in Colorado and she uses awesome stuff for inspiration. This particular one is called Twilight Saga. Yes. I am a vampire freak. I love vampires of all kinds. And I am a huge Twilight fan! Anyway, just wanted to put a little color into your day :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I realize that I have been talking to you all day, but that doesn't mean I can't post, right!??

    Dudette, the socks? They absolutely rock. Awesome! I want my pair! :)

    Today is going to be another really good day too. I feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I want those freaking socks. Like now. Just send them to me please. Happy to follow!

    ReplyDelete