How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

BodyBugg

Yesterday, I went and got a BodyBugg from 24 Hour Fitness. My friend Beth has one, as well as my BFF and her husband. I've heard great things about it from all of them so I decided to take the plunge! Aside from a small hiccup with setup (have to use the Safari browser on a Mac, not Firefox), things have gone pretty easily so far. Today is my first day using it, I've already logged my breakfast and that was easy as pie!

I've been having success logging my food, but I wanted something that would tell me how many calories I'm burning every day too. Because I really have no clue at all. And of course as anyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows... You must expend more calories than you intake in order to drop the pounds. 3500 calories = 1 pound. So if I want to lose 2 pounds a week, that is 7000 calories that I need to burn more than what I take in. Now, don't try to get me to do any crazy algebraic equations, because that just isn't happening! But this math, I can wrap my head around. :)

So, off I go with the newest part of my adventure!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Welcome to the dark side. :) It is easy to get obsessed. It will be interesting to see if you burn more or less than you think you do. I actually burned more which was frustrating because it made me realize that I was lying to myself about what I was taking in. A real wake up call. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've been thinking about getting one of those, too. Glad to hear it works well for you. :) Let us know how many you burn in accordance with how much you intake. I bet that'll be eye-opening!

    ReplyDelete