How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Is it 5 o'clock yet?

I did pretty good yesterday. I managed my 500 calorie deficit (plus a few for good measure) and pushed myself with the elliptical and felt really happy with my workout yesterday.

That being said ... I'm ready for today to be over :)

I got to work and went right in to a 2+ hour meeting. A software demo from a company we are considering purchasing a new system from. This is the 3rd one of these in the past 2 weeks and while they are interesting and cool, they are also a big time suck and I'm glad they are done now.

I decided I am not going to the fitness center after work today. I might do some Just Dance when I get home but I am worn out and think I deserve an evening off from that place. As I look back at my blog from Monday I see that I said I would go Wed-Fri but that is because I wasn't planning on going on Tuesday. Since I did, I am still hitting my planned 3 days of the fitness center after work.

However, next week I am stepping COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone and trying something I have been wanting to try for a while now. I am terrified, but am going to do it anyway. I signed up for a trial 10 day membership at a yoga studio. My hairstylist also teaches yoga at this studio and has been encouraging me to try it for a little while. They were having a special, 10 days for $20. I figure even if I hate it and only go to 1 class I'm only out $20, right? So far I've signed up for 5 classes during those 10 days. Starting next Tuesday evening with my friend/hairdresser in a Raw Beginner class. Specifically tailored to people who have never done yoga before (i.e. me!). What if I can't do the moves? I am not very strong or flexible. What if I fall over? What if I make a fool of myself? What if I'm still too fat to bend myself into those positions????? These are the things going through my head. That is why I am terrified. But, I'm going to try it anyway. That's what this is all about right? Stepping out of our comfort zones and just trying.

I am getting my hair colored tomorrow morning (from above mentioned friend/hairdresser/yoga instructor) so that I will look spiffy for our DFW BOOBS lunch on Sunday afternoon! I am excited to meet some peeps in person before Chicago, yay!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. It's 5pm now!! Everyone should take a day off from the gym. No worries! You are just beginning and you don't want to burn out and quit. 3 times is great!

    SO, so, so proud of you for the yoga! Waiting patiently for Wednesday's report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wanting to go get my hair cut before our lunch, too! We'll see if it happens. lol

    ReplyDelete