How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Friday, July 29, 2011

What A Day!

I have been up and going for about 15 1/2 hours already today, whew!!

Our team at work had some fun planned for this afternoon and that meant leaving work at 1pm. Well, we had a big update to our website coming on Monday which means I'd have to have it all done before 1pm and there was no way that was happening if I arrived at my normal time of 9:30ish. So, I decided I would get to work reallllllly early and get a lot done before people started showing up.

Which brings us to 5am this morning. I got up and showered and dressed and left the house at 5:30. Since there was so little traffic on the way in (ha!) I got there at 5:45 and went to my desk. It was blissfully quiet for 2 whole hours. I got a lot done and then some. They are starting some construction on my floor at work (adding new cubes) and they will be removing a wall that is right in front of my current cube. That is going to be very noisy, dusty and distracting. So I will be moving - temporarily only (boooo) - into an office for the duration, approx 4-6 weeks. However, I have a feeling it might take longer ... I bet some of the workers tools go missing which will set them back some time looking for them and then maybe replacing them :) Hahahahaha! Not really, but I wish I could do that! I got the majority of my stuff done, plus a few other things, AND had to pack up my cube to move on Monday, all by about 12:30. I was astonished!

We all left and went bowling! It was a lot of fun and I am happy to say that I won the prize for having the lowest score!!!!! I am very pleased with my prize and will cherish it always :) After we bowled and chatted it up for a while, everyone started heading out but it was still kind of early. So, I walked my happy little butt next door to the Movie Tavern and saw Captain America! It was really good, I enjoyed it a lot!! I was hungry since I hadn't eaten anything since about 9am (and it was 4pm now) so I had some chicken tenders and a few french fries. I also had a piece of cheesecake. I marked it all down in my food log and am still within my calorie goal for today, so it is all good! Now I am at home, doing a little laundry and playing games on the computer.

Tomorrow I am going to go back into work for a little bit to finish up a few little things that I didn't get done today. Then at 10:30 I am going to yoga!! I'm excited about that. No longer scared, so yay me! I'm not sure what I'll do after that, maybe lounge in the pool, maybe go see another movie, maybe hang out with my BFF. Who knows!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :) Bye for now!


  1. Sounds like a super fun day! Good for YOU!!

  2. Look at you little hard worker!! Sound like you had fun with your work crew though! Have a great weekend Debi!

  3. Sounds like a great day ! I love to bowl ... but all of those muscles that you didn't even know you had ... ouchie !! I can't wait to get to the point where I can have some chix tenders and a few fries and a piece of chzcake ! Hope you update us on your yoga !

  4. Sounds like a great Friday! Bowling, a movie, cheesecake. Overall, quite jealous. :)

  5. You won bowling?? That rocks!! What a nice little Friday. :)