How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Weekend Wawesomeness!

Yes yes, I know that isn't a word ... but I don't care!

Last night after work I went and had a pedicure. It was wonderful as usual. I even met a very nice lady and we chatted it up the whole time. I'll post a picture tomorrow for my weigh in on the challenge :)

Today I woke up and got the urge to go and work out. So I did! I stopped and got a Smoothie King on the way, they have a new smoothie called the Lean 1. It is pretty good and a small chocolate one is less than 300 calories and 22 grams of protein. Then I headed to my work to hit the fitness center. It was awesome, completely empty! I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 on the treadmill with some incline and some running, then 20 on the bike. I watch TV shows on my phone with Netflix while I work out which makes the time go by really fast!

Then I went home and got in the pool for about an hour. It was great, except it is soooooooo hot! Plus our neighbors right behind us are having a birthday party for one of their kids complete with trampoline, giant blow up water slide and lots of kids screaming. Oh well, they sounded like they were having fun and that is what counts :)

I'm not sure what else I will do today. I hope you all are having a great day!!!

5 comments:

  1. What color did you get for a pedi? Pics are required - lol! Making up new words is so much fun - I love yours in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - new follower. I'm looking forward to reading your blog from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shudder* Children's birthday parties are the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a very productive day. great job on the elliptical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to try one of those new Smoothies! Maybe that will be my breakfast tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete