How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wonders Never Cease

I don't know if I've mentioned this before or not, but when I go work out in the fitness center here at work I watch TV on my phone. It helps to pass the time and that way I get to watch something I'm interested in and am not subjected to the horrible things they play on the TV's provided,  i.e. News (boring), Food Shows (seriously?), Reality TV (kill me now), etc.

I've been watching Doctor Who and am loving it. Yesterday I got on the elliptical and set it all up for 15 minutes and started my latest episode of Doctor Who and went to ellipticalling. Before I knew it, those 15 minutes were up but I wasn't tired ... so I put in another 15 minutes! For those of you keeping track that is 30 MINUTES OF ELLIPTICAL! And I wasn't even dying when I got off! I couldn't believe it. I am so excited about this! I can't wait to go today and do 30 minutes off the bat, I am loving it! Now, mind you I am still working on the lowest resistance, but seeing as how a few weeks ago I was panting like a dog after 10 minutes I think I'm doing great :) After my elliptical fun I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, then some stretching and went home.

That's all the excitement I have for today friends. I will be working out again this evening and might even try to push up the resistance a little, we will see how I feel.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. My BBF is kicking ass! "30 minutes on the elliptical" says the self-proclaimed queen of NO exercise? Who are you?? You are AWESOME, of course. YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete