How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Monday, February 28, 2011

More ups than downs last week

I had a fantastic time at my knitting retreat this weekend! But I ate terribly. There were cookies and chocolate and candy everywhere and I tried not to, but my willpower just didn't work as well as it should. And because of all of that, I was up this morning at my weekly weigh in. But I'm not going to let it get me down. I had a talk with James last night and I said to him that I was frustrated because I was not losing but telling myself I wanted to lose and I wasn't sure why I felt like I still wanted to lose more weight. And, as simple as it could get his answer was "you want to lose more because you aren't at your goal yet".

Duh.

Why can't I look at the simple answers all the time. I am not at my # goal yet. And I deserve to get there. Simple as that. This isn't rocket surgery people. I can do this. So, even though I said I was back on it a couple of weeks ago. I really wasn't committed to it. Something clicked in my brain last night. I have 6 weeks until the date I set originally for my goal of 175. That will be a little harder now, but I'm still going to shoot for it.

My birthday is in 3 1/2 weeks and I don't know if I'm excited about it or not. It's a big one, 40 years old. I certainly don't feel like I'm 40. And nobody thinks I look like I'm 40. My age has never really been a problem for me before, as to my feelings about it. Why now? When I look and feel better than I have in years? I don't get it. I'm trying not to let it bother me. That's all I can do, right? :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend. And thanks for reading, it helps me to get some of this stuff out and off my chest.

Love y'all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Rocket surgery. Teehee. Super big hugs, girlfriend! You SO can do it!!

    ReplyDelete