Thank you to Leslie from Band Sweet Band for giving me the Adorable Blog Award!!
The rules are tell 10 things about yourself and pass on the award.
- I am left handed and quite a fanatic about it. That is one of my favorite things about me!
- I have always wanted to have a swimming pool in my backyard, and now I do. Even though it is expensive and sometimes a pain with all the maintenance, I wouldn't change having one for anything. It is exactly as wonderful as I always thought it would be!
- I LOVE my car. Seriously. I've had several cars in my life and this is the only one that I've kept long enough to pay off. His name is Gus and he is a dark blue 2005 VW Beetle.
- I have a huge family. I have 1 older brother (Scott), 2 step-brothers and 4 step-sisters. All together they have given me 19 nieces and nephews. And no, I don't buy all of them Christmas and Birthday presents ... I need to eat!
- My older brother, Scott, is deaf. Has been since birth. My mom had Rubella when she was pregnant with him. He is quite amazing and I'm so proud to be his sister.
- I have 2 tattoos. One is my zodiac sign, Aries, with 3 stars (I was born in March) and the other is an Edelweiss flower, because I am of German descent. I want to get more tattoos! Lately I've been thinking about getting a Bluebonnet flower, to represent me being a Texan, and then for sure I want to get one to honor my Grandparents who have passed away. I want it to be Japanese style, a Koi fish and a Cherry Blossom. My Daddybear loved to fish and my Grandmother loved flowers and trees. And they both loved Japan, visited there a bunch of times ... so it is rather fitting I think :)
- I have 6 holes in my body that weren't originally there when I was born. 3 piercings in my left earlobs, 2 in my right earlobe and one in my left nostril. At this time I don't have the desire to get anything else pierced.
- I wish I could speak a foreign language fluently. My preference would be German. I took German for 2 years in college and really enjoyed it. I've been to Germany 3 times, it is my favorite country! But I'm quite shy in practicing because I don't want to sound stupid in front of people who can speak it!
- I love the smell of chocolate chip cookies more than any other smell in the world.
- My best friend and I have the same first and middle name. Only one small difference in spelling ... I am Deborah Lynn and she is Debora Lynn. And, the best part?!?!?! She is left handed like me :)
Now for my nomination ... I am passing the torch to my BBF (Best Banded Friend!), Beth at Beth Ann's Never Ending Quest For Something! Gooooooooooo Beth!!