How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 5, Post 2

I was awarded the Adorable Blog Award, so I had to do my duty (hee hee, I said doodie!) and tell things about myself and the pass along the award. See the earlier post for the shocking revelations and the passing of the torch.

Now, back to our regular programming!

Yesterday was a hoot! After work I went over to my BFF's house to hang out. Her husband is out of town for 2 weeks at a training thingy in Maryland and wanted some company last night so away I went. We hung out and chatted for a while but then I didn't want to be a sloth all night so I suggested we do a little 'Just Dance 2' for the Wii. Now, since the 2 of us were the only ones there dancing - there is no crazy video to watch. But she did snap a pic of me after I collapsed on the chair following the crazy 30 minutes we spend dancing it up!


Dude! I was exhausted! I couldn't even take the Wii remote off my arm! But it was so much fun. The hardest ones were Crazy in Love (Beyonce) and Jump (Kriss Kross), but Girlfriend (Avril Lavigne) was super fun too! I highly recommend the game for anyone who wants a fun way to burn some calories.

The scale didn't move today, and I'm trying not to let that get me down. I missed all my calorie related goals yesterday - not horribly, but some. Although my steps and activity were above goal! Here are the days numbers:

Weight: 184.8
Burned: 2165 (85 shy of goal)
Consumed: 1503 (3 over goal)
Deficit: 662 (88 shy of goal)
Steps: 5268 (Thank you Just Dance 2!)
Activity: 43 minutes

I'm super glad today is Friday! And it is also payday in my world, double yay! Tomorrow, Beth and I are going to get pedicures (and boy do I need one) and then Hubby and I are going to Central Market in the evening to meet up with some peeps to celebrate a friend's birthday. I suspect that on Sunday we will go see Green Lantern, so woo hoo for Ryan Reynolds!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Toodles :)

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, Ryan Reynolds. You're gettin' me all excited with the talk of X-Men and now Green Lantern! lol

    Hope you have a great time with Beth tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to come over and Wii with me sometime. No one ever plays with me! (That kind of sounded dirty, but you know what I mean.) See you tomorrow BBF!

    ReplyDelete