How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

BOOBs 2011 Fun Facts!

I'm a sucker for a survey so you know I am stoked to do this one!!

1.  How did you pick your blog name?
Losing Weight and Changing Habits … Honestly I don't remember how I came up with that. I was just trying to pick something that I thought made sense. I can't say I'm 100% thrilled with the name, it isn't very fun or exciting.

2.  When did you start blogging?
February 2011, which was 14ish months post-surgery. I wish I had started earlier.

3.  Theme of blog (weight loss, family, circus clowns, sci-fi, erotica, fly fishing, doll collecting, star wars, etc)
So weird that you ask this! My original intention was for my blog to be about how my family, who are coincidentally circus clowns, like to attend erotic sci-fi fly fishing tournaments with our star wars dolls but I thought that would be too complicated to explain, so I decided to write about weight loss instead.

4.  Did you go to BOOBs 2010?
Nope, but I'm excited to go this year!

5.  When were you banded?
December 23, 2009

6.  How much have you lost?
100 pounds, give or take a few depending on the day. I'd like to lose 20-30 more but I'm not in any huge rush.

7.  What are you most looking forward to at BOOBs?
A weekend away with some awesome new friends.

8.  What/who do you hope to find/see/accomplish at BOOBs 2011?
No clue. I'm open to whatever happens!

9.  Children? Pets?
No kids (by choice), 3 Cats - Yo Yo Meow, Casanova and Hobo Jack

10.  Who is your roomie?
I have the pleasure of rooming with Justine and Krystal!

11.  What day do you arrive?
Thursday Evening

12.  What airport/flight/time?
O'Hare, American Airlines 2364 arriving at 7:05pm
Stacey and I are planning on meeting at baggage claim soon after and sharing a cab if anyone wants to join in with us.

13.  What events are you signed up for?
Drag Show, Good Times Around Michigan Avenue, Second City Comedy Theater, Jazzercise and the official BOOBS get togethers. Other than that, I'm going to play it by ear! Possibly the tattoo outing, some dancing with Dawnya, working out in the hotel gym, maybe some impromptu Yoga in the lobby!

14.  Hobbies?
I'm a TV and movie addict! And I am a big reader (I love my Kindle!) I also knit and am starting to sew and I love photography.

15.  Career?
Short answer: I'm a Web Designer for Pier 1 Imports

Long answer: I studied Speech Pathology in college but when I got to the part of schooling where I actually had to DO that kind of work for real I learned that I hated it with the fiery passion of 1,000 suns. I went ahead and finished school since I only had a few months to go and wasn't going to quit at that point. I wandered aimlessly for a while doing this and that, and then in 1997 I taught myself how to create web pages and eventually worked my way to becoming a Web Designer. Been doing it ever since and I absolutely love it!

16.  Single? Married? In a relationship?
Married. James is my husband, we will be celebrating 9 years in November. We met at work in May of 1998, were friends for a couple of years before we started dating.

17.  Your birthday month?
March baby! The 23rd … which means I am an Aries. But more technically I'm on the Pisces/Aries cusp which is the craziest cusp to be on if you know anything about astrology. That is another thing I'm interested in :)

18.  What do you want other BOOBs to know about you?
Gosh, I don't know. Maybe Beth or Ronnie or Dawnya can tell you something about me. I'm not sure what kind of stuff I should share :) Although I will say that I am super excited that I've found such an awesome group of friends to share this journey with (man that sounds sappy!), so thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Ummm...me say something about you...umm what should it be.

    Oh yeah...you are freaking awesome!!! And I can't wait to see you in Chicago. We have to catch up. Plus...we got dancing to do baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erotic fly fishing sounds dangerous!! You can sew too!! You are still making everyone bags right?? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well obviously you are funny! :) Looking forward to Chicago for sure. See you in a couple weeks though! I just realize that we have a lot of quality time in Sept with group, M5 & Chicago. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We DO have dancing to do. I plan to get thoroughly intoxicated while dancing, so please stop me from pouncing on all of the reasonably good-looking men.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3 about made me spit out my coffee. very funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna do the tattoo outing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tattoo outing?! Don't let me go on that one just in case I decide to get 'B00Bs' tattooed on my back.

    I'm up for the dancing (and drinking) outings though.

    Looking forward to being your roomie! I'm a big reader too, so we can bond over a paperback/Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number 3 did in fact make me spit out my coffee!!

    ReplyDelete