How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Humpty Dumpty Day

Hello out there in Blog Land :)

As I just told Beth in an email, I've been having an issue with the chocolate almonds they sell at Smoothie King. They are deliciousness in a bag. And so you know, for the amount of calories in one bag, I would have to work out for 4 hours to balance things out. I have had a bag of these chocolate almonds at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks. Bad bad Debi.

But today is a new day and I did not get any chocolate almonds with my High Protein Almond Mocha smoothie this morning. Good good Debi! I am still at a deficit for last week and so far for this week, even with my weakness. And this week is only 1/2 way gone! I have hope that things will be great.

As for the Back to Basics challenge with the BOOBS, I think I am officially dropping out. I hate to do that, but I think the weighing is messing with my head and I really need to focus on the way I feel and how much stronger I am now than I was a few weeks ago. The scale is counterproductive to that end. So there you have it. I wish all the participants the best of luck and I am glad to have contributed to whatever your prize may be :)

I did not want to get out of bed this morning! I must've laid there and played Words With Friends for like 20 minutes! (Oh, and if anyone who plays that wants to play a game with me, my username is debidoodle.) But I finally got my patootie out of bed and got to work. Tonight I'm going over to my Dad's house because my sister is in from England for a visit. I haven't seen her in a couple of years so that will be fun to show off my new self tonight!

I know that Read posted this a while back about chatting/IM and I'd like to do the same. I L-O-V-E chatting/IMing with peeps. And it would be great to have some BOOBS to talk to during the day when I need a pick-me-up. So here is my info, please feel free to add me ... just let me know you are a BOOB in the invite.

MSN: debideloach@hotmail.com
AIM: DebiAtWork

5 comments:

  1. i love some chocolate covered almond!
    great job resisting!

    Being free of the scale is very liberating. It lets you focus more on how you should be living and not just dieting :)
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the first clue about IMing, but I talk to you all day, so I suspect we are good. I will however start a WWF game with you. I suck though so be gentle.

    I'm liking the no weighing thing except I need a benchmark. A month is too long for me. I even thought of breaking out the Wii tonight so I could weigh. I mean it doesn't really matter, it isn't going to change anything so I won't. But I thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want to get out of bed today either.. Must be something in the air...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed your visit with your sister. My sister moved to Germany (with precious niece and nephew) in June and I'm still angry with her for moving ... oh wait, this is your post - not mine ... hope you had fun !

    ReplyDelete