How did I let it happen? How did I wake up one day to find myself at 286 pounds and completely miserable in my own body? It happened, I can't blame anyone but me. And only I can fix it. So I am. On December 23, 2009 I had Lap-Band Surgery with Dr. John Marsden. I'm down 100 pounds so far with about 25 to go.

Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm getting a fill ... maybe?

I just got off the phone making an appointment to have a fill next Monday morning. The only bad thing is that it is at 7:45 in the morning! Who is up that early?!?!?! (That is rhetorical of course, I know a lot of people are up that early :) )

The long and the short of it is that right now I feel like I am able to eat entirely too much at one sitting without much consequence. I might hiccup a little or something, but that's it. And the other thing is that I am able to eat too fast as well. I don't know why I am in a hurry, other than the fact that I don't like eating food that is supposed to be warm after it has gotten cold.

Let's take yesterday for an example. For lunch I had a half of a Great Outdoors sub sandwich. Turkey and cheese with lettuce, onion, etc. (no tomato though, ick). I did take off the bottom part of the bread while I was eating the sandwich, but then after I had the sandwich I ate 1/2 of that bottom piece of bread by itself. Then for dinner - and I know this wasn't the best choice, but it was what I was wanting - I had corn on the cob (1/2 ear), about 1/2 c of mashed potato, and 1 serving of fried okra. There was butter on the corn and I put salt on it but nothing on the taters other than how it came, which was just with a little pepper. Then later I had a Blue Bell (No Sugar Added) Krunch Bar for dessert.

Is that too much? How much are y'all able to eat at one sitting? Maybe I'm crazy!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Debi, I've been gone for the last week or so but I wanted to say hiya!

    I am not able to eat sandwiches normally. I can never eat potatos anymore. It is like glue to me!

    Some weeks I was able to eat more then other weeks! It is just strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sammiches for Ronnie. Potatoes are a go, however.

    Sounds like about how much I can eat, minus the sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My deal is that I seem to get hungry so quickly. Only two hours after plenty of lunch. I had a snack (greek yogurt) a half hour ago and I'm ready for another one. Argh! Hope the appointment goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This topic (how much are you able to eat) is fascinating to me. Of course, I'm newly banded and have not had my first fill but the idea that I'll only be eating 1 cup of food at a time ... is still something I'm having a prob getting my head around ...

    ReplyDelete